Social media has become the lifeline of today. Businesses are thriving because of their presence on social media. Communication happens on social media within minutes. Smart businesses have tweaked their content to attract their target audiences on social media platforms. In the process, they have converted these audiences into loyal followers. Do you also want to make the most of social media and improve your visibility? If yes, here are some details on the fastest growing social media platform today, so that you can work on improving your profile there.
How has the tremendous growth of social media been?
With every passing year, the popularity of social media accounts is increasing tremendously. Here are some interesting statistics that will tell you in detail about social media growth:
- Close to 4.5billion users have been using the internet as per details available at the start of 2020. Out of these, around 3.8 billion people have access to social media accounts, which is a good 9% more than the figures for 2019.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has forced people to be indoors during this year, as a result of which, at least 60% of the global population is already online. These people have access to one or more social media accounts.
- Close to 3.75billion people access their social media accounts from their smartphones; this means a whopping 99% of the total social media users access their accounts from their mobile phones.
Which is the most popular and fastest-growing social media platform in the world today?
From the above statistics, it is obvious that social media growth has been witnessing an all-time high for 2020. We all know that there are various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and much more. Out of these, which is the one that is most-loved by social media users? Which is the one platform that has registered the highest growth? Let’s keep reading for answers to these questions.
- Facebook continues to rule the roost when it comes to the popularity of social media platforms. People across all ages, genders and demographics prefer to use Facebook because it has an easy and user-friendly interface. As of January 2020, Facebook had 2449 million users, which was 178m more than last year.
- Next on the list is the video-sharing platform of YouTube, with an active user count of 2000million, up by 100million from last year.
- WhatsApp continues to grow strongly with over 1600million followers as on Jan 2020, reporting an increase of 100m from last year.
Good morning. This is Wendy Gaylor with the Bedford area chamber of commerce chamber vibes podcast. Excited for our next guest speaker to talk to us today. And his name is Phil Tucker and he is with be famous media and he comes to us, with lots of expertise in the...
The first 3 steps in creating an effective "one liner" are not easy... until you know the correct steps.Watch this 30-minute video that runs through an exercise that will really help. You may need to watch this video a few times... and you will defiantly want to have...
There's no question that social media marketing is, and will continue to be, essential for local businesses. That said, many social media myths are annoyingly persistent, and believing them can hurt your business. So, let's bust some myths! Here are 11 of the most...